100 Women Who Care Clay County was established in March 2015. Since then, the group has grown and provided support for a multitude of causes in Clay County.
As the group gears up for a new year, we would like to celebrate some of the accomplishments 100 Women Who Care had in 2015:
- 106 Members participated in 2015, exceeding its goal of 100 members
- Awarded nearly $35,000 to local nonprofit organizations in Clay County
- Supported career development of high school students through a grant to the Northview High School DECA club
- Helped feed hungry youth by donating to the Clay County YMCA’s summer foods program
- Aided the expansion of kennel space at the Clay County Humane Society, allowing the agency to accept more animals
- Built a nearly $60,000 endowment in the Wabash Valley Community Foundation through membership commitments, a $10,000 grant and leveraging matching funds from Lilly Endowment
It is AMAZING what this group of women were able to accomplish in just 12 months! We cannot wait to see what they will do in 2016!!
If you are interested in becoming a member, please click here or call the Community Foundation at (812) 232-2234.